Did you know , with the help of Competency Mapping, YOU can retain the best suitable talent for your organization?
Let’s know some interesting facts about Competency Mapping-
- WHAT – Competency Mapping is the process of identifying the specific skills,knowledge, abilities and behaviours required to operate effectively in a specific trade,profession or job position
WHY- It increases your awareness of existing skill sets as well as skill gaps in the organization. This helps you make informed decisions when ut comes to-
Aligning the learning of your existing employees with required skills
HOW – The process of Competency Mapping is as follows-
- Obtain Required Data
- Classify Data
- Choose report
- Method and Evaluate Mapping.
- Create Report
- Submit Roadmap
Methods of Competency Mapping
Choosing right method to assess and rate Competencies.
QUESTIONS TO ASK YOURSELF-
- How important is the competency to the role?
- Do employees across the organization demonstrate the same competency in the same way?
- How well do employees understand the competency?
- Is it important for your employees to know specific details on their competency demonstration or need for improvement?
- Is there a risk that managers will evaluate a competency inconsistently? Is that a problem?
- How many levels of performance do you need to document? (e.g., pass/fail, 3-levels, 5-levels, etc.)
Do you want to force scores to be either better or worse than average?
- Will you be using competency ratings to drive compensation (pay for performance) strategies?
Will you be using competency ratings to drive succession planning?
Importance of Competency Mapping
Did you know,As per the survey results, Competency Mapping increases the awareness of existing skill sets and bridges the gap in Organization?
Competency Mapping also helps you make decisions when it comes to-
- Defining the scope of work for existing roles and new job openings.
- Aligning the learning of your existing employees skillset with your required skill sets.
- Recruiting people with right skill sets.
Competency mapping helps you design the growth path of individuals and team